Welcome to WeGive.org, a project of the Nonprofit Center of Northeast Florida.
WeGive.org is a website "marketplace" helping connect local nonprofit organizations with their community. People and groups who want to give to the projects they see on WeGive.org can donate immediately and securely.
WeGive.org was created by and is administered by the Nonprofit Center.
The Nonprofit Center is a nonprofit organization with a mission to help the nonprofit sector carry out its important work by offering training, resources, and advocacy.
WeGive.org donations build playgrounds, renovate community centers, buy equipment, toys, school supplies, and improves our community. The project pages on WeGive.org are created by the nonprofits themselves and reflect their immediate and urgent needs. Giving through WeGive.org is the simplest way to start getting involved with the charities and services that make our community better.
Who Can Post a Project on WeGive.org?
Nonprofit organizations meeting these criteria can post projects on the WeGive.org website:
1. The organization must be a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization as defined by the Internal Revenue Service.
2. The Nonprofit Center must have a copy of the nonprofits current IRS determination letter before it can post a project. Please fax to 904.390.7367 or email to email@example.com. To learn more about nonprofit status, visit www.IRS.gov.
3. The project being posted must be located within Northeast Florida's five-county area -- Duval, Nassau, St. Johns, Baker and Clay.
What Projects are eligible for WeGive.org?
If the nonprofit organization meets all the criteria above, then the project they want to post on WeGive.org must meet these criteria:
1. The project must have a total project goal of no more than $5,000.
2. The project must have an end date that does not exceed 90 days from its start date. Projects exceeding this timeline will not be posted on WeGive.org.
3. The project cannot be an annual fundraising initiative.
4. The project cannot be a capital fundraising initiative.
5. The project cannot be a one-time event or sales initiative.
6. The project must be approved by the WeGive.org administrator and approved by the submitting organization's primary contact.
Who Determines Eligibility?