Your privacy is important to the Nonprofit Center of Northeast Florida, Inc. and WeGive.org, a project of the Nonprofit Center. This notice explains our collection policies and the use of information volunteered by visitors that participate in activities on our website (including making a donation, purchasing or redeeming WeGive.org Gift Certificates), and through email, regular mail correspondence, telephone calls, and faxes.
Visitors to WeGive.org are required to provide their name and a valid email address to participate in activities on the website, including when making a donation, and purchasing or redeeming a gift certificate. WeGive.org collects this data to provide appropriate acknowledgement documentation to the donor and for the purpose of providing the donor with a valid tax-deductible receipt. If, however, visitors wish to they may remain anonymous (opt out) to the nonprofit organization to which they are directing their donation. Your privacy is important, and if you request to remain anonymous, your information will not be shared with other organizations.
When purchasing WeGive.org Gift Certificates, WeGive.org requests that the purchaser provide the recipient’s name and valid email address. This information is used to notify recipients via email that they have received a WeGive.org Gift Certificate, and to provide them with instructions on how to redeem the gift certificate. A personalized message from the purchaser may also accompany this email.
USPS: WeGive.org, a project of the Nonprofit Center, periodically uses regular mail to contact participants of WeGive.org. However, our primary method of communication is via email and website announcements.
Email: As a participant in the activities of WeGive.org you will receive an electronic receipt from our 3rd party merchant, Paypal, and an email acknowledging your donation, and/or purchase from the Nonprofit Center of Northeast Florida. WeGive.org Gift Certificate recipients will receive an email notification from the Nonprofit Center of Northeast Florida, with a personalized message from the recipient if applicable. WeGive.org, a project of the Nonprofit Center, may periodically contact its visitors about new projects and/or initiatives.
The Nonprofit Center will never share, sell or rent its list of WeGive.org participants to any other organization, not addressed herein.
Opt In/Opt Out: When participating in WeGive.org activities, visitors are asked to provide their names and email addresses WeGive.org, a project of the Nonprofit Center, collects this information to provide appropriate acknowledgements to donors and to provide donors with valid tax-deductible receipts. If, however, visitors wish to they may remain anonymous (opt out) to the nonprofit organization to which they are directing their donations. Your privacy is important, and if you request to remain anonymous, your information will not be shared with organizations other than the Nonprofit Center of Northeast Florida, Inc. To opt out of non-essential emails from WeGive.org and the Nonprofit Center, notify us by either calling 904-390-3222 or by emailing email@example.com.
Surveys: Occasionally, the Nonprofit Center will ask WeGive.org visitors and participants to engage in surveys. Participation is completely voluntary. The information collected will be used to better the website performance, gauge donor satisfaction, and support the goals of WeGive.org.
Terms and Conditions of the WeGive.org Gift Certificate
THE WEGIVE.ORG GIFT CERTIFICATE IS A CHARITABLE DONATION AND IS NOT REEDEMABLE FOR MERCHANDISE, FOOD, SERVICES OR CASH. THE HOLDER OF THE WEGIVE.ORG GIFT CERTIFICATE MAY DESIGNATE THAT ITS VALUE BE CONTRIBUTED TO ONE OR MORE PROJECTS POSTED ON THE WEGIVE.ORG WEBSITE.
THE WEGIVE.ORG GIFT CERTIFICATE IS SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS. THE WEGIVE.ORG GIFT CERTIFICATE MAY BE CANCELLED BY CONTACTING THE NONPROFIT CENTER OF NORTHEAST FLORIDA WITHIN TEN (10) DAYS OF THE DATE OF PURCHASE IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND IF THE GIFT CERTIFICATE HAS NOT BEEN DESIGNATED TO ANY POSTED PROJECTS.
Additional Terms and Conditions:
- When you purchase a WeGive.org Gift Certificate you are making a donation to the Nonprofit Center of Northeast Florida and its project WeGive.org. The Nonprofit Center of Northeast Florida is a charity recognized by the IRS as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
- The WeGive.org Gift Certificate constitutes a donation to WeGive.org and is not redeemable for merchandise, food, services, cash or any other benefit. The WeGive.org Gift Certificate is a document indicating the amount of the donation made to WeGive.org and which may be allocated towards one or more of the posted projects as explained below.
- The WeGive.org Gift Certificate purchaser is the "donor" and will receive the confirmation for his/her tax purposes. The Gift Certificate recipient may "spend" the WeGive.org Gift Certificate on any project posted on the website that they choose. When the recipient "spends" all or a portion of their Gift Certificate he or she is directing WeGive.org, a project of the Nonprofit Center, to donate the funds to the project that they have chosen.
- The Nonprofit Center is not responsible in any manner whatsoever for WeGive.org Gift Certificates that are misplaced, including without limitation, WeGive.org Gift Certificates that are lost, stolen, intercepted or misdirected. Any funds that remain on your WeGive.org Gift Certificate and not "spent" within one (1) year from the date of purchase shall be deemed designated to the Nonprofit Center of Northeast Florida for its immediate use to support the continued operation of WeGive.org.
- A WeGive.org Gift Certificate holder may only choose among the posted projects shown on WeGive.org at the time the WeGive.org Gift Certificates is "spent." The posted projects shown on WeGive.org may change from time to time without notice.
- After a WeGive.org Gift Certificate has been purchased, it cannot be cancelled, refunded or exchanged except within ten (10) of the date of purchase as explained above. The transaction is completed between the purchaser and WeGive.org, a project of the Nonprofit Center, when the purchaser receives their email confirmation that their credit card has been charged by the Nonprofit Center of Northeast Florida.
- Funds associated with a WeGive.org Gift Certificate will be transferred to the project's sponsoring organization in the same manner as other donations (usually a biweekly or monthly transfer).